I am all about lemons 🍋
The versatile yellow wonder is one of the most widely used citrus fruits in the world. An excellent source of vitamin C along with some antioxidants, iron, copper, potassium and calcium, lemons can be added to a multitude of recipes to enhance flavour and increase the acidity. I add lemon to almost everything I eat, especially salads.
My Lemony Lentil and Feta Salad is super quick to make and a favourite of my daughters. The mild lentils are complemented by the salty feta cheese and the crunchy peppers and cucumbers, while the black olives add texture. The lemon and oil-based dressing has just the right balance of acidity and gives the salad a flavourful ‘zing’. This Greek-inspired salad is full of protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals, great for lunch or dinner!
Because of the feta cheese, I don’t add salt to this recipe. Instead, I rely on the bold lemon flavour of the dressing along with Clubhouse’s Greek seasoning blend. It’s a quick and easy way to add the Greek flavours I want with no mess! Give this recipe a try today 🙂
Lemony Lentil and Feta Salad Recipe 🍋
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes tops
- 540mL/19oz can of lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 large red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 large yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup crumbled, low-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced, ripe black olives (avoid any marinated olives for this salad)
- Clubhouse Signature Blend Greek Seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a large lemon)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine lentils, chopped peppers, cucumber and olives
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and garlic powder (add salt and pepper if so desired)
- Drizzle dressing onto salad and gently mix with a spoon or salad tongs
- Add a generous dash of Clubhouse Signature Blend Greek Seasoning and serve!