It’s my first giveaway! 🙌
I have teamed up with the amazing and fellow Canadian Toby Davidson of Cookin’ Greens to bring my Canadian followers the chance to win one of two Cookin’ Greens free product coupon prize packs ($15 CDN value).
To enter, simply visit my Facebook page by clicking here (sorry, Canadian entries only!). The winners will be announced next week so stay tuned!
DISCLAIMER: Although this post is technically not “sponsored” in the traditional sense, and the opinions stated here are entirely my own, Cookin’ Greens did provide the organic spinach product used in my recipe and the coupons for the giveaway. I reached out to Toby after a previous post featuring her products and I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to collaborate with a fabulous female, Canadian entrepreneur. She is a true inspiration 👏
I have been a massive Cookin’ Greens fan for years. The versatile product is a staple in my freezer and is the perfect ingredient for increasing the nutrient value in family meals. Most of the time, my kids don’t even know it 😌
Launched in 2009, Cookin’ Greens is Canada’s first food company to market flash-frozen, dark, leafy-green products to everyday consumers. Their kale and spinach products literally go from farm to freezer in mere hours, ensuring the greens maintain their highest nutrient content. In addition, all Cookin’ Greens products are non-GMO, vegetarian/vegan-friendly and gluten free!
Wanna know the BEST part about Cookin’ Greens products besides being healthy, natural and delicious? CONVENIENCE! All products are pre-washed, pre-chopped, pre-blanched, pre-prepared and just plain READY TO EAT! Just add them to recipes or heat directly and eat! No chopping or trimming means less waste too.
I love the organic products including the straight kale and spinach plus the organic blends. I literally use them every day, adding the kale and spinach to omelets, meatballs , quiche, fritters, burgers and more. The blends are fabulous on their own or as a side dish too.
For my Spinach and Feta Quinoa Cake recipe, I used Cookin’ Greens Organic Spinach.
The beauty of these products is that you don’t have to defrost or pre-heat the dark, leafy greens, but merely add them directly to your recipe frozen and cook as usual.
I hope you enter my “I love Cookin’ Greens Giveaway” and try my recipe below 😋
Pragma Mamma’s Spinach and Feta Quinoa Cakes feature Cookin’ Greens Organic Spinach
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes (makes about 20 patties)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup of pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dry dill, finely chopped
- A few pinches of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2.5 cups of Cookin’ Greens Organic Chopped Spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, eggs, garlic, dill, lemon, salt/pepper, feta cheese, bread crumbs, chopped black olives and mix well the oragnic spinach
- Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes, enabling the bread crumbs to absorb the lemon and eggs
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan
- Form quinoa cakes or patties about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Place the patties in skillet, in batches if necessary
- Cook the patties until they’re browned on the outside, 4 to 5 minutes per side and then flip
- Serve warm with a squeeze of lemon and dip in tzatziki, a flavoured mayo or plain Greek yogurt. ENJOY!